Our second full day in Arizona, we took it pretty easy. Since it's my birthday, we had cake for breakfast because I wanted to! Hey, why not? It's not every day you turn 39 for the 2nd time (thanks, Mom!). We began the day playing pool and ping pong at the rec center. Jason took a most unfortunate tumble backward into a cactus and as I helped him out, we both suffered some serious cactus bites. I thought a dip in the pools would help out, and I think I was right:
After more pool and more ping pong, we headed back up Black Mountain. We climbed it last night and thought we had made it to the top, but tonight we found some more trail markers and went all the way to the top. On the way, we collected some cholla, or pieces of dried-out cactus skeletons. They look really cool and Jason wanted some to show off at school.
 |
| Jack wants to share his hiking experiences at show 'n tell |
 |
| Views from the top |
 |
| Jason really took to hiking on this trip |
 |
| We headed down just as the sun set. Beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment