Sunday, August 14, 2016

Castles and Coasters

For our last full day of vacation, we took the kids to Castles and Coasters, an amusement park in Phoenix that was a few notches above a parking lot carnival.  What was nice was that Phoenix kids were already in school, so we pretty much had the place to ourselves, just like at Amazing Jake's on Tuesday.  We started off with miniature golf and arcade games, had lunch, then came back for rides. 



No problem riding by himself

Bumper boats are really fun! 



We also did a 32-element ropes course and zipline.  This was the kids' first time on a zipline, and they loved it.  I wish I had pictures, but I had to leave my phone in a locker.  :- (

We left Arizona yesterday (Saturday) but not before checking out Frontier Town, which is a collection of old-looking shops.  The boys picked out some "Arizona Dirt Shirts" which are dyed with Sedona dirt to a nice terracotta color orange ... I'm hoping it all doesn't wash out.  This sign caught my eye:
Might as well be a million miles from home! Arizona is so different! 

No comments: