We found out Sunday night that Jack qualified for the 1500m event at the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC) championships!! After getting another personal record at last Thursday's meet, the last regular meet of the season, this was icing on the cake!!
It was rainy and he got a crummy lane assignment on the outside, but ended up in 10th place after both heats were run, with a time of 4:04 -- SOLID!!! Twelve move on to the finals.
But not the fastest twelve.
Due to some weird rule that I'm just not understanding, the first four finishers of each heat move on, plus the next fastest four finishers. So even though Jack was the 10th fastest, three slower guys will run in the final race tomorrow. SMH. WTH. Two were not even seeded so I'm not sure why they were even in the race to begin with.
![]() |
| Looking strong |
![]() |
![]() |
| Jack made an amazing move to the front of the pack with a minute and a half to go |
Well I don't get this cruddy rule, but what I do get is Jack's incredible work ethic. He just never gives up. Trains like crazy, does all the things he's supposed to do. His mastery of timing and knowing how to manage a tactical race is beyond my comprehension -- when I ran in high school, I was a sprinter and thus have no grasp of the long run strategy.
Bravo, my boy!!! I'm so proud of your athleticism, persistence, and performance!!
💚💚💚




No comments:
Post a Comment