Saturday, May 24, 2025

Week before HS graduation

On Monday, we attended the annual EHS varsity sports luncheon, where Jason was named MVP of the bowling team -- as I just knew he would! 








The next day we went to ECC for the dual credit luncheon, where Jason received a certificate of completion and the stole he would wear to the high school graduation.




Thursday, we went to the Senior Recognition Ceremony, where astonishingly, Jason did not receive any -- no scholarship, no award, and no introduction as the class salutatorian.  I guess I could choose to stay really mad but given a few days' perspective, have to concede that although this was a gross oversight on the part of the school, Jason DID receive two free years of college at ECC.  He'll have two years' head start on his cohorts, a head start on his career. Most importantly, he was able to break free of the high school and school district that failed him.  I'll be forever grateful that the dual credit program was available and that he took full advantage of all it had to offer.  Jason, you truly made the best of a bad situation. Your hard work will pay off!  I'm so proud you picked such a tough challenge and absolutely SLAYED IT!!!


No comments: