Monday, March 10, 2025

EYSO concert, 3/9/25

Congratulations to Jase for another brilliant performance!  Jason, your continued dedication and hard work is so impressive to me!  I'm so proud of everything you have accomplished with this incredible organization. 

As usual, I tried my best to record the concert but could not get the first or third pieces recorded because the first piece started right when Conductor Sheppard jumped on stage (!!) and for the third, I was worried about getting detected since one of the ushers sat next to me. 

I did find the final rehearsal of the first piece, Hoedown, just forward to the 18:28 mark.  This piece is especially interesting since a younger orchestra group joined Jason's group. You might recognize this one from a '90's commercial -- "Beef. It's what's for dinner!"  Similarly, you'll recognize the final piece, Rhapsody in Blue, from decades of United Airlines commercials. 

After hearing so SO many hours of practice at home, solo, its amazing to hear you as one layer of a complicated arrangement of talented artists. I love watching you play and seeing you feel the music and become part of a whole experience. Bravo!!  💙💙💙






Copland, "Hoedown" from Rodeo

Ginastera, Overture to the Creole Faust

Higdon, blue cathedral

Gershwin, Rhapsody in Blue

No comments: