Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Epic Vacay, Day One: Barcelona, 6/9/19

My mother-in-law (best one EVER) decided to take us and my brother-in-law on a western Mediterranean cruise, our first whole-family trip.  WOW.  Spain, Italy, and France -- definitely a once-in-a-lifetime, amazing, epic vacation.  Since I could barely get wi-fi while we were gone, and used every precious minute I could get to check in on Avery via webcam, I'm about to post eight blog entries, one for each day of our trip.  And it was epic!!!!

Here we are, heading into O'Hare

My longest plane trip ever.  Wowsers.  And this was to Madrid -- we had to get another flight to Barcelona!

Ah, finally about to board the ship!  Turns out my Mom was on the exact same ship last November and I was super stoked to see all that she told me about it.

Found several cute signs around the boat!

The boys really liked being on the open water

So fun seeing them doing stuff like this!

The ship's Boardwalk area was super-fun

Our first night, we saw an acrobatic/aquatic show called Oasis of Dreams, with a very talented cast featuring former Olympic divers and acrobats

By sunset, we were all tired but ready to begin our week of awesome adventures

No comments: