I didn't think the boys would want to go to another zoo, but they surprised me and both agreed to check out the Minnesota Zoo. After the dreary gray Chicago winter, we were all happy to walk around outside in the sunny 60's (along with every other Minnesotan!), but the zoo is spectacular. We saw some really neat exhibits like the Tropics Trail, penguin and shark feeding, and the World of Birds show.
 |
| JJ loves penguins! |
 |
| ...and has never turned down an opportunity to pet a shark |
 |
| We saw an amazing bird show, including a bald eagle |
Next, we headed back to the Mall of America, where we went to Smaaash, an indoor theme park that has laser tag, Sky Karts, and lots of VR games.
 |
| Jason (Beast), Jack (Iron Man), and I (Darth Vader) did pretty well at laser tag! I am KEEPING UP!! |
 |
| All ready for Sky Karts, a multi-level go-kart experience |
 |
| VR hang gliding was thrilling but made me way too dizzy and I had to stop early |
 |
| Jack the Jedi in light saber training |
After a few VR games each, and a massive plate of loaded nachos, we headed to Nickelodeon Universe in the center of the mall. I got the boys unlimited ride wristbands and they went to town, hitting eleven rides before the mall closed.
 |
| Not for me today! |
 |
| The end of a very long, very awesome day :- ) |
No comments:
Post a Comment