Thursday, August 4, 2011

The Progressive Vacation, part II

I came up with the idea to take a progressive vacation, using an assortment of gift certificates acquired mostly from the Radio Shopping Show over the past eight months or so. We started by spending last Saturday afternoon at the Itasca Water Park...but I don't know where those pictures went. They are probably on the home desktop, and I am writing this from a hotel in Wisconsin. Anyway, on Sunday we went to Coco Key Water Park in Rockford. The kids and Dennis had gone there once without me, as I was home battling pneumonia, so this was my first time there, and boy was I impressed.
I have no idea how it was so devoid of people. The whole park is inside, which is pretty great when it's a scorching 95 degrees outside. Plus, we scored a nice cabana, which was like a little private room right next to the kiddie pool, free of charge for the whole day.

I think we spent about a whole hour on the lazy river. Jack goes by himself and Jason went by himself for quite a while too, until he tuckered out and had to hitch a ride with me.

Look at my guys! We will definitely be going back and soon.

No comments: