Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kalahari Theme Park, 08-05-2011

I just realized that I'm hardly posting these in chronological order, but oh well. Last Friday as part of the progressive vacation, we were back in Wisconsin Dells after having spent time in Rockford, the Dells, and Minneapolis. We headed to the Kalahari Theme Park, which was all inside and had plenty for us to do all day. Jack was interested in the ropes course and so was I until I saw how high up it was. But the little dude wanted to do it so I sucked it up and went along. Here we are on the lower half of the course, which was only about 20 feet up in the air. The course is a series of platforms separated by a variety of bridges made out of ropes and planks of varying widths and spacings. Everyone gets a safety harness so you really just need to overcome your fears to go across.
It was pretty fun. I have to admit my heart was pounding when Jack decided to go to the top level, but we both made it all the way across, multiple times over the course of the day. This picture gives an idea of how high the thing is. Jack is crossing the crooked plank bridge. That kid's got nerves of steel.
He also decided to try the rock wall, and got higher than he'd ever gotten before.
Unbelievably, Jason wanted to try the ropes course too. Here he's getting suited up. I wasn't sure he would be able to do any of the bridges without help, some of those platforms were kind of far apart even for Jack. Heck, I saw adults who were afraid to try it, but Jason was pretty nonchalant.
Amazing! All by himself, no spotter.
I was in awe of both of these kids. Maybe they are too young to be scared of heights. I don't know. Next, we played miniature golf, went on kiddie rides, rode go-carts, and crawled through the kiddie habitrail. What a day! What a vacation.


No comments: