Yesterday was Jack's first day of first grade. Since he went to the same school for his two years of preschool and for kindergarten (and rode the bus for the past two years), he didn't have that same excitement or dread that I think most kids might have. Actually, he was cool as a cucumber -- his normal self. Here, at the bus stop, he shows Jason his bus card.

I was at work so I missed the morning craziness and hustle and bustle. Instead, I left work early and met Jack at the bus stop as a surprise. He was really excited to see me and Murphy waiting for him:

I asked him what he did at school, and his first response was that he got to eat his lunch in the cafeteria. Then he told me they had two recesses. He said he had a good day and wanted to go back the next day, so I guess he's off to a good start!

When I went through his backpack at the end of the day, I found a little book Jack had created and this was the last page. I think it's cool that he always draws himself with a big smile on his face:
No comments:
Post a Comment