Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dear Jason!!





Happy birthday baby boy! What a year it has been...

Actually, we need to go back a bit further than just the past year, I mean, we can't just gloss over the fact that you managed to survive living in a test tube for five days, and then being put into cold storage for over six months. The odds were not in your favor to survive the freeze and thaw cycle, but you did. The odds weren't in your favor for the embryo transfer either, but you hung in there. You are a MIRACLE!! I will never forget that; neither should you.

When I look at your sweet face it's hard to believe the trouble we went through to have you and the challenges you've brought since you completed our family. Maybe this is why hazing works...you go through all this trouble and then you are completely committed to a cause. I don't know and it doesn't really matter, because you are worth it all! The sleepless nights, your hospitalization at five weeks with pneumonia and RSV, your abdominal surgery at 19 weeks. More sleepless nights.

But you always have a smile on your face first thing in the morning -- that's one of those things that I just adore about you. Other things: the way you tilt your head sideways and grin at me, the way you run up to me when I get home from work, your persistence (even when it means I have to run after you to keep you from going up the stairs AGAIN), and your sweet snuggles.

Before you came along, I actually worried that I wouldn't have enough love for you... now I know that the heart just gets bigger.

You are a cute, funny little man and I am so thankful that you have joined our family. Happy birthday sweetheart!! I love you!!!

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

Ok.. now that's the sappiest thing I've ever heard from you..! Suits you! :-)

Happy birthday, lil fella!