Sunday, August 24, 2025

The boys leave the nest

Where did the summer go?

We took Jack back to school Saturday for his last semester at Wisconsin. He's on track to graduate in December with two bachelor's degrees, in computer science and math. 

I'm not gonna say it's easy to see him off, but he's handled some brutal athletic training and schedules already, while taking super heavy course loads. He's crushed it all. I'm looking forward to seeing his cross country races this fall and anxiously awaiting to see what the next steps will be. 

Four days later, it's Jason's turn.  Whoa. This was hard.  Dude had never been away from us more than one night.  And he's the baby. My little guy.  My Bud.  But after two years at community college, I'm confident he's got what it takes to succeed and thrive. I feel good about the school and that he will make a place for himself. And, it's less than an hour's drive away, which does make it easier. Not easy, but easy-er.

I've always known and been grateful that I've got great kids.  It's time to let them go and share their shine.  












No comments: