Jack has done it again and AGAIN!
He got approval to run three more races this summer, and made the best of all of them.
First was the Stars and Stripes run, a 10k. He snuck off in the early morning and while we all slept, won the whole event in epic fashion, finishing in 36:06.7 -- the fastest finish time since 2014! He came home with some impressive hardware for finishing, for winning his age group, and for being the first to finish overall of 313 runners.
I didn't want to miss another race, so I volunteered to work the Freedom Four, a four mile race which is kind of unusual but fitting for the Independence Day holiday. I was hoping to get some great snaps of him in action, but I was stationed in a weird place and only got this one as he whizzed by on his way to finish at 22:13, finishing 14th of 887.
His third event was this morning, the Donut Dash held in Batavia. He ran it and won it last year in 17:20, and I wasn't there for some unknown reason, so again I volunteered and this time was stationed at the finish line. I got to see it all live and in person as Jack shaved off SIXTY TWO seconds from last year's race and more than 20 seconds off his personal record for an absolutely epic time of 16:18!!! Unheard of!! WOWWWW!!!!! He finished first of 248 runners.
All that hard work is paying off in medals and this time, an unexpected gift card from a running store. Congratulations, Jack!!! Kudos for running three very different races, and for figuring out the strategy to excel in all!! You rock!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment