Sunday, March 12, 2023

Jack is #1

Jack had a track meet in Rockton last night; I heard there were 30 schools so it was a huge meet. I had a good feeling about this one, and as Jack was about to run the 800 meter race, I noticed he was seeded #8 -- my lucky number!  Our eyes met as he was lining up for the race, and he gave me a quick nod.  Oh yeah, I totally knew something big was about to happen.  It was a very exciting race and Jack ended up in third place of 71 runners at 2:01.48!  Even bigger than that -- that was the fastest indoor 800m race in his school's history!!!  JACK IS NUMBER ONE!!!  Check it out:
His second race was the 400m, for which he was seeded first in his heat but #18 overall of 80 racers.  The kid is ON FIRE and ran a 53.6 second race, winning his heat and ending up #4 overall -- and SECOND FASTEST IN SCHOOL HISTORY.  


Just WOW.  

UPDATE:  all 400 runners' times from a meet the week before this one were later disqualified due to an error in how the distances were marked (they ran a shorter distance than 400m).  So, Jack's performance at the Rockton meet was indeed the FASTEST OF ALL TIME for EHS:


Making HISTORY, dude!!  so proud!!!!





No comments: