Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Guess Who's Heading to College


Yep, Jason (at 15) will be starting college this fall -- just as Jack will!

Their school district has an amazing opportunity for 50 students total (10 from each of the five high schools) to attend Elgin Community College for two years, earning their high school diploma AND an associate's degree at the same time.  Students take all their classes at the college -- regular college courses with other college students and doing all the same work.  Real college!! 

To top it off, all tuition and fees are covered, and in past years they even got the kids grants to help pay for books. How amazing is that?!  More importantly, this finally gives Jase his best chance for a real challenge at school, which he's never really had.  Go Jason!!  So proud of you... make the best of this opportunity!  I hope you love it!!

I took Jase over to ECC to pick him up this sweatshirt, and noticed that when Jack came home from practice, he was wearing his UWP sweatshirt, so I had them pose together.   My two college-bound boys:




No comments: