The boys' Uncle Darren used to take them up to Milwaukee every summer for a day of fun sightseeing and lunch, and since he's no longer with us, Leni and I decided to take them on Darren's birthday. I drove his GTI and tried my best to stay between 80-90 mph on the highway (it's not easy!). We visited the Milwaukee Art Museum to watch the Calatrava open up at noon and also visited the War Museum, which had a neat collection of war posters on display. Lunch at Mader's and a stop at the Mars Cheese Castle completed the day.
Miss you bro, I know the boys do too.
 |
| This is how it looks most of the time, but every day at noon... |
 |
| ...the wings completely close up and then spread back open |
 |
| Lunch at Mader's, an authentic and amazing German restaurant full of incredible stained glass, wood carvings, and beer steins. The boys had been there before with Darren, but it was my first time and wow was it a neat place! We were the only people in there and got to walk around and really inspect the whole place. The food was superb and we got a pretzel to go. |
 |
| I wish I had my tiara with me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment