Busy morning today. We started off with a 5k run, the 40th Annual Elgin Fox Trot. This was our third year running it, and again lucked out with beautiful weather. Jack decided to go on his own to see what kind of time he could get. Jason initially said he wanted to run on his own, and I was kind of psyched to see what kind of time I could get, but after we started running he asked me to stay with him.
 |
| Numbers and timing chips on and ready to go! |
 |
| At the start line |
 |
| KILLED IT!!!! Official time posted later: 24 minutes, 51 seconds |
 |
| A highly respectable (and personal best) official time of 30:06 |
 |
| Official time: 30:05. I REALLY wanted to beat the 30-minute mark, but my little guy wanted to hold hands the last quarter mile or so, and I simply could not say no to that! No way!! |
As if that wasn't enough of a morning, we had to race to get to the soccer tournament that Jack was invited to play in, one of two 12 year-olds invited to play in the 14 year-old division since many of the 14ers had to miss the first game last Thursday night due to their 8th grade graduation. I thought okay, Jack will just fill in for that game but no, he played more than a half of each of the two games today and killed that too! He's unbelievable!! The coach made a point to come over and tell me how much of an asset Jack was to the games, both of which they won, sending them into tomorrow's championship game. Unreal!
No comments:
Post a Comment