Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Jason's Soccer Pictures

I had both the boys signed up for soccer in the spring, not realizing they would have practice on the same weeknight.  When I found that out, I withdrew Jason (since Jack had already had one practice in), with the promise that Jase could take soccer in the fall and Jack would have the spring soccer sessions.  In the summer, they both went to British Soccer Camp for one week, and in September, Jason started in the fall league on Team Lightning.  Here's his official picture:

I'm also posting some pix of Jase in action on the field.  I think if he could concentrate he'd actually be pretty good.  He's got quite a leg on him and is a lot bigger than all the other players, which would work to his advantage if he could just remember to keep dribbling the ball and getting down the field.  He seems to get the ball and then forget what to do with it.
I got lots of "hi, Moms" and kisses blown my way...unfortunately some of which occurred while the ball was in play, but hey, I'll take it while I can get it.
 Jason celebrates a goal that he didn't score but was nevertheless thrilled to cheer for his teammate.
The pic below shows a somewhat rare moment of concentration.  That's his coach next to him.  The coaches stay on the field the whole time and run around with the kids, telling them what to do.  Despite this, none of the boys on the team seem capable of focusing for more than a few seconds at a time.  Once,  after the ball went out of bounds, Coach Brian told Jason that the ball would be thrown to him...about three seconds later, his teammate threw in the ball and it hit Jason square in the chest as he was looking the other way down the field.  Oh, well. I seriously think he does have athletic skills -- his mind just needs to catch up with his body.

No comments: