Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Despite my best intentions in purchasing multiple costumes from which the kids could pick, both decided to be construction workers and wear their Lowe's aprons, safety goggles, and hardhats. Each had a toy hammer hanging from the loop in their carpenter jeans. The outfits, which I thought were kind of lame, got RAVE reviews from everyone we saw, especially a couple guys (at houses we visited) who work at Lowe's and Home Depot. The boys loved these costumes, and after three hours of trick or treating, we went home for dinner and then went back out for another half an hour. What stamina! Well, I shouldn't be surprised, I remember some marathon trick-or-treating with my brothers & sister back in the day when you could be out well past dark; these two only had from 2-6 pm. Still, they brought in quite a haul and got to show off their hard-earned Lowe's Build 'n Grow Clinic patches at the same time. Well done, guys!

No comments: