Well, we brought pretty much all the metal trains, minus the ones that managed to remain hidden under, in, and behind the couch, as well as a bunch of the buildings, a few pieces of track, and about ten books. I thought we might have a problem setting them up and leaving them, but no! Jack was all gung-ho once we got there. I put the buildings in, but it was Jack who set up each train. Look at what a great job he did and man, was he ever proud! Before we were even done, a little boy passed by with his dad and said he wanted to play with the trains too.
We had to run out to the car so I could grab the camera, and by the time we got back to the case (about five minutes later) a group of kids were there admiring the boys' collection. Jason immediately went to them and said, "Hey, those are my trains! You can't look at them!" I had to remind him that that was the whole point, to let everyone see them. He just looked at me and said "ooooooohhhhhhhhhh" in his too cute little sing-songy way.
As luck would have it, today was also a Play Date with Thomas day at Toys 'R Us, which we did right before going to the library (hence the outfits). I'm pretty sure they had a terrific day today. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment