Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bristol Renaissance Faire

After a month-long hiatus, I am back to the blog. A combination of general busy-ness, mini vacations, and some major computer problems have wreaked havoc on my already sparse blog entries. I'll try to do some catching up with the next few entries.



We took the kids to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin on August 1st. It was blazing hot, the kids were tired, and everything was way too expensive, but we did have some fun. Check out Jack the Jouster. He was supposed to try to get the joust through the ring attached to the flag, but I think he was so excited to be up on that cool eagle/dragon/horse thing, he forgot all about aiming. But, he had a good time. He also tried to climb this 18-foot wall. Tried. Let's leave it at that.

We also got to experience some amusement-type rides but medieval-style -- i.e., fueled by good old-fashioned human power. These poor guys were really working to push this big heavy boat like a pendulum despite the heat. The kids had a great time; I was just trying to not throw up. Looks like the kid in the blue shirt almost lost it too.

After the Faire, we headed over to the Jelly Belly Factory for I think the third time in about a year or so and scored some candy...just what we needed to end the day.

No comments: