Monday, September 21, 2009

Hurricane Jason

Wow, what a day. Jack was in school, so Jase & I ran a few errands. I didn't think we'd be gone that long so I figured we didn't need to bring him a drink or a snack, he could sip off my water bottle. Well, I won't be making that mistake again. I gave him my water bottle and let him walk back into the house with it...before long, the nearly full bottle was upended on the floor. Could he at least have the courtesy of dumping it on the tile? No! He waited until he got to the WOOD floor, the little devil.

A little bit later, I was in the kitchen and heard a strange sound from the living room. Jason had found a black pen and was 'decorating' our much-abused coffee table. Now, I'd already pretty much given up on the table....it's had every liquid spilled on it. It has numerous dents, chips, scrapes, and gouges. I have to admire its strength despite being climbed upon, slammed shut, shoved into corners, and abused by my two little monkeys. If anyone has any suggestions on how to remove pen from wood, please let me know.


So there I was, trying to figure out how to remove pen from pine when an eerie silence registered in my brain. A mom of two boys knows that silence is bad. I called out to Jason -- baby, where ARE you? -- and he made a little grunting sound upstairs. Oh no, he's hard at work and can only emit a simple grunt...this is gonna be bad. And it was. He climbed on the desk chair, grabbed (what I thought was) a highlighter marker and went to town on the loft carpeting:


After grabbing the marker, I saw that the label reads "permanent marker." Oy vey. My super-secret mix of alcohol and water is not working very well to remove this. Reader with the suggestion on removing pen from wood, please get to work on this problem too.

He also decorated his arms and legs with the marker but thankfully spared his Bears shirt. Does he look sorry in this pic or is he plotting his next caper? You make the call.

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

ahhh haha.. that's hilarious! i always get worried when there's absolute silence in the house and its not nap time. :-)