Sunday, December 14, 2025
Jack graduates college x 2
2 1/2 years. Two degrees.
One of your graduation speakers yesterday said that the youngest bachelor's degree recipient was 20 years old. That may be you, or it might have been someone a day or a month or two younger -- you can argue however you want, but TWENTY. That is outrageous. If there was a younger graduate than you, they probably didn't get two degrees.
Take a moment and let that sink in, because I don't think you get how incredible that is. Many MANY students strive like hell to finish in four, five, or six years. Many never finish. You got it done, twice over, in two and a half. Amazing.
I've said before and I'll say again, you have always amazed me with the challenges you not only took on, but slayed.
Beast on the soccer field.
Terror on the track.
Master musician.
Scholar in the classroom.
Friend to many.
Any or all of these things could have gone to your head, but you are a class act through and through - a caring, sensitive, humble soul. Let yourself have a moment of unabashed pride.
I love you like crazy. Keep moving forward, keep doing what you're doing, keep stretching and taking on seemingly impossible things. Congratulations, Jack!!!
Now go clean your room.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment