Happy Mother's Day to me!! The blessings continue... Jack came home for the summer on Friday, and today I was gifted another amazing performance by Jason in his final Elgin Youth Symphony Orchestra concert of this season.
![]() |
| Move out day |
![]() |
| Post-concert grin of relief? |
In the first piece, Jason played in a special hand-picked ensemble group, the Philharmonia Chamber Orchestra. Jason was selected after his April performance in the Chamber Music Institute. Exciting!!! This meant extra practices at home and with the group, who only had about one month to learn the piece:
Rondo from Serenade No. 7 (Mozart)
The second piece is his regular Philharmonia orchestra:
The third and final piece is a Symphonic Variation:
Merry-go-round + Cave of Mind (Hisaishi)
These pieces are all technically complicated and really highlight the talents and dedication of all the musicians...I can hardly believe I am listening to kids and that one of them is MINE!! The concert was simply stunning and the best present I could have asked for.
Jason, you continue to amaze me and make me so proud!! Love, love, love you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment