Jack is officially a high school senior. Wow.
He came home from his last day of school with a swanky new shirt commemorating his academic and athletic excellence of having made the Dean's list and a varsity team, his first season of track. He also came home with some medals he earned and the official certificate, so I had him pull all his medals from this season and put them all on at once -- there's TWELVE.
The framed certificate is from the fall cross country season, everything else is from track. In addition to all these medals, he earned some rankings for his school's all-time records. For the outdoor season here are his events, times, and historical rankings:
400 meter - 54.84 seconds, 11th
800 meter - 2:04.22, 6th
1600 meter - 4:54.71, 14th
4x400 meter relay - 3:39.92, 5th
4x800 meter relay - 8:57.28, 8th
And from the indoor season:
800 meter - 2:09.23, 3rd
4x400 meter relay - 3:52.31, 5th
I should also note that he was one of two EHS guys to win an event at the conference championship meet, taking first place for his 800 meter effort in 92 degree heat. His 4x4 relay team got 2nd place at that event.
I'm more than a little sad to see his season come to an end, it was crazy exciting to see him run track (which I had been pushing him to do for years!). I knew he'd be great at it, and seeing him get personal records week after week after week -- wow, what a thrill!!! Better yet, I got to see him cheer on his teammates from the sidelines as they ran their events. What a great group of guys, so disciplined and motivated and encouraging. The successes were icing on the cake.
SO looking forward to next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment