We had passes to a water park in Rockford, drove the hour to get there, and lo and behold, the park was closed for the weekend! What?!! I scrambled to come up with something to do and we went to the Discovery Museum, which we hadn't been to in several years. The kids didn't seem too thrilled at the prospect of not going to the water park, but once we went inside they had a blast!
![]() |
| Jack works on a geometric design made up of wooden blocks of various sizes |
![]() |
| I don't even know what to caption this! |
![]() |
| Bubble boy |
![]() |
| Bubble Boy Jr, who accidentally stepped into the suds and had one squishy foot all day |
![]() |
| Oh yeah!! |
![]() |
| Really, are you surprised to find yourself in this predicament? |
![]() |
| Jason learns where his favorite food comes from |
![]() |
| He did better than I did! |
![]() |
| Clearly annoyed that I suggested we visit the Tot Spot... |
![]() |
| ...but look who had a good time once we got inside! |
![]() |
| A quick swing by the Klehm Arboretum (which does not even rank on the same scale as Morton) but the boys ran through the maze while we hung out on the observation deck |
![]() |
| The water park would have been nice, but we made the best of our visit to Rockford! |












No comments:
Post a Comment