Happy birthday to our little sweet guy!! Look who was all smiles when he woke up, thrilled to be seven!! Finally!! I made my killer birthday cake pancakes that he's been asking for, but I only make them on actual birthdays (gotta keep 'em special!).
After the game I took Murphy for a walk while the boys rode their bikes. Fall has definitely arrived; the trees seemed to turn over night. I thought Jason looked especially cute here.
Oh, yeah, the good stuff! Jason picked out a Hot Wheels marble cake (what a surprise! not!!) with orange and purple accent frosting. Yum.
I don't know where he got the idea, but Jason asked for a karate party. I found a place that does kids' parties and we had the most awesome instructor! He showed the kids a bunch of moves -- breathing, kicking, punching, yelling, etc. -- he talked about what to do if you get bullied or if someone tries to steal you -- for an hour and a half the kids learned good, practical stuff mixed in with a lot of fun and joking around. The adults were cracking up, this guy was really great. Besides our two boys, there were six kids from Jason's first grade class and everyone had a terrific time. Plus, I'm pretty sure they got totally worn out...it's only a bit after 9 pm and Jack told me he's going to bed; I went to check on him a few minutes later and he was O-U-T. Jason, naturally, still has plenty of energy and is playing with a new toy but he will pass out as soon as he lies down.
![]() |
| Getting instructions on breaking a board, which we learned was the equivalent force of breaking two ribs. Both Jack and Jason got it on the first try. |
![]() |
| Ladies' Man! |
![]() |
| I took about nine pictures here. Seriously, this was the best one. |







No comments:
Post a Comment