Saturday, August 25, 2012

First Day of School

School started on Wednesday the 22nd. I hadn't been there in the morning for the first day of school for kindergarten or 1st grade due to a meeting of a certain task force (for which I am the principal analyst)...and of course, this year our meeting was again scheduled for the first day of school! But, this time it was late enough in the day so I could get Jack to the bus and see him off properly.

He was so excited, he had set his alarm for 6:30 and came downstairs at about 6:32, fully dressed and ready to go. He tore through his bowl of Frosted Flakes, brushed his teeth, and had his backpack and shoes on by about 6:45. When I caught up with him after work he told me that it was "his best day ever" but then quickly backtracked and said that he had a really good time at Nickelodeon Universe on vacation.

I'm posting this on Saturday night, so he's had three full days of school. So far, so good. I hear he got the fun teacher; I will meet her at parent orientation next week. I'm just grateful that he's so interested in and excited about school -- she's got it easy with this one!

No comments: