Monday, October 24, 2011

A Trip To The Zoo

We tried to go to Brookfield Zoo once over the summer, and spent the better part of an hour waiting in a massive traffic jam. We bailed and went to GameWorks instead. Yesterday we were granted another perfect fall day and decided to set the DVR to record the football game and give the zoo another go. It turned out to be a pretty awesome day.
Jack has been kind of anti-photo lately, just too busy to stand and pose. But I managed a few.
This is probably my favorite shot of the day. I just love the light and the look on Jason's face.
The boys check out some penguins.
Ahh, I finally got Jack to give me a happy face. He still loves playgrounds and used the zoo map to find both of them.
Two little wolf boys.
Jack asked me to take this one, right outside the giraffe exhibit. What a cool dude.
There were a lot of Halloween decorations, and when I saw this one I just had to capture it. Unfortunately the wind was blowing the sign all over the place so that's why Jason is trying to get it under control. It looks like he's taking a bow.
Cute:
So after running around like the animals being visited, both kids ate enormous dinners and went to bed without a peep, which meant I got to watch the whole football game (sans commercials and replays) before I went to bed. Go Bears!

No comments: