The kids were fascinated at seeing the big buses on lifts and being worked on. We took the 'L' back to the RTA and had some lunch (McDonald's, what else?). Then we sat at my desk for a while so I could get through some e-mails. The boys kept busy making pictures for me and a co-worker to display on our walls.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Take Your Kid to Work Day
Last Thursday, April 28, was national Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day. I wasn't originally planning on taking Jason, but got talked into it by someone who hasn't been around little kids in a long time. The day started off pretty well, here's Jase waiting for the Metra train, in good spirits despite being woken up an hour early.
Once we got downtown, we had some time to meet the other 15 kids and eat some breakfast snacks. Then we boarded a bus to take a field trip to CTA property.


The kids were fascinated at seeing the big buses on lifts and being worked on. We took the 'L' back to the RTA and had some lunch (McDonald's, what else?). Then we sat at my desk for a while so I could get through some e-mails. The boys kept busy making pictures for me and a co-worker to display on our walls.
We got most of the kids in this group photo. I think we should use it for marketing! What a bunch of cuties. We also played games, did a few activities in the Board Room, and kept them all busy for the whole work day. Did I mention that I was the coordinator of the day's events? It was a little nerve-wracking but loads of fun. No one got lost, there were no tantrums...what I consider to be a successful day. Totally looking forward to next year.
This is the ride home. We scored some prime top-level seats in the rush-hour train going home. I was a little worried that my fellow commuters might take umbrage at sharing their car with some little kids, but the boys were very quiet, respectful, and I think everyone pretty much adored them.
What's not to adore? Jase fell asleep about 90 seconds out of Union Station, and stayed asleep til I woke him up right before our stop, just what everyone who rides a train hopes for when they see little kids getting on. Sweet!
The kids were fascinated at seeing the big buses on lifts and being worked on. We took the 'L' back to the RTA and had some lunch (McDonald's, what else?). Then we sat at my desk for a while so I could get through some e-mails. The boys kept busy making pictures for me and a co-worker to display on our walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment