Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Jason Starts Preschool
Today was Jason's first day of preschool. Since we had talked it up quite a bit, he was pretty excited, especially since he was supposed to start last Tuesday but a bad snow & ice storm made Mama skittish to drive the boys anywhere. It all worked out for the best, as Dennis had the day off work today and I was home from work too, still battling that pesky flu that has kept me shivering, sweating, and achy for the past five days. Anyway, Jason was excited and I got to see it all unfold.
I was going to snap a few pix and stay home, under many blankets, but Jason insisted I go so we all went together. On the short drive there, Jason informed us that we could just drop him off! I guess he was ready.
This was also Jack's room the summer of '08, right before he started the preschool program at his current elementary school. Jason's eyes darted around crazily, taking it all in in about 3.5 seconds before he announced that he wanted to stay! No tears, no looking after us as we left. At least none from Jason.
Jase will attend morning preschool, and Jack has afternoon kindergarten, so the boys are now separated from 9 am til about 3 pm. Jack hung out with me on the couch all morning, looking depressed. When I asked him what was the matter, he said he missed his brother. Aww. Well, for now Jase will only go on Tuesday & Thursday, but maybe we will go to a Mon-Wed-Fri schedule since I have a good feeling about this place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment