Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jack lost his first tooth!

Finally, after weeks of tooth-waggling, Jack has lost his first tooth. I really thought it would be the one to the immediate left, as there is an adult tooth that emerged about a week ago right behind it...I have no idea how that one is hanging in there. Jack is constantly grossing us out with waggling it, and just showed me how it turns around in circles. I give it 24 hours.

It really was a non-event, he just took a bite of chicken nugget and the tooth came right out. It did bleed a little, at which he seemed surprised, but he didn't freak out, so all is good. We have been anticipating its loss for about ten days, so we are fully prepared with a tooth box that was actually a project we made at Michael's; it's a mini treasure chest that we painted. Now the Tooth Fairy can come tonight and claim the tooth in exchange for some cash...I think one buck is the going rate, although I told him that if the second tooth came out tonight, she might up the ante a bit since it would save her a trip. Hence, the tooth-circling I already mentioned. We'll see...


No comments: