Monday, June 7, 2010

Steel Roots


The boys and I had a gorgeous day on our hands, and I've been meaning to put our Morton Arboretum annual membership to good use. The exhibit this year is called Steel Roots, and as you can see, humongous sculptures of tree roots appear all over the grounds. Jack was fascinated once I told him that roots are like drinking straws that the trees use to get water out of the ground. Hey, you gotta make it interesting so the kids can relate.

Jason contemplates whether to have his jelly sandwich with juice or water. His hair has gone from stick straight to glorious curls in a matter of months, just like Jack's did.

Mr. No Fear bravely went, about a dozen times, through the suspended rickety bridges despite the sign that read "Not for toddlers." Well, he can't read after all...

Beautiful day!

No comments: