Sunday, April 18, 2010

Brookfield Zoo

We went to the library yesterday and scored a couple free tickets to Brookfield Zoo. The kids had never been there before, and I was excited to be taking them. So even though it was a pretty chilly 55 degrees outside, it was sunny and I thought we should take advantage of the tickets. We talked it up all day yesterday and the kids were on the verge of mania as we left for the day.

We came upon this kangaroo sculpture right as we walked in the park. Look how excited Jason was.

Jack helped navigate our way around the zoo by constantly consulting the map. He kept pointing out the two playgrounds. Forget the animals, the kid has a one-track mind once he knows a playground is involved.


Jack spreads his wings by the condor habitat.

Ah, the look of determination as Jack contemplates his climbing maneuvers.

Mr. Smiley hams it up for Daddy. Would you believe this kid went without a nap the whole day? What a doll.

I was really looking forward to seeing the elephants, but there was only ONE in the whole zoo! I guess the rest of them were on vacation or something, hopefully somewhere warmer than Chicago. Anyway, Jason had a blast with this elephant sculpture with a flexible trunk.

No comments: