Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Forget the Tricycle!


Jack now rides a bicycle. We've been looking at bikes for him, well, I should say, Dennis has been looking for a bike for Jack, for a few weeks. I don't know what the rush is (was). I'm perfectly fine letting him stay on the tricycle for the summer. Our last couple trips to Toys 'R Us have focused on letting Jack try out all kinds of bikes, and Jack really does well and likes to ride the bikes around the store. So...Dennis found one at Goodwill for $2, and how could I say no to that? He then spent about six or seven hours fixing up the bike; he totally took it apart to clean every inch of it and went out around midnight for new tires and training wheels. I have to say, it looks pretty snazzy. Here's a couple pix we took for Jack's inaugural run on the bike last night. In the picture on the left he looks terrified, but he was actually really excited to get going and impatient with me for wanting to get a picture. We spent a good amount of time teaching him how to use the coaster brakes, so I think he will be pretty confident with the next try. Even though he fell down a couple times, he got right back up. That's my boy!!

1 comment:

Bipin Sen said...

From a house with a pediatric nurse who's seen enough TBIs: Hello?!! Where's the helmet?!!

That was so that my responsibility got taken care of. I never had a helmet when I was riding bikes... :-)