Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Spring Break 2022

This was a weird one.  Jack was off to Italy and Greece for his class trip, and Dennis was working like crazy, so I took the week off with Jason and we staycationed.  I think we found some fun stuff to do:

On Monday we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago with the Johnson family. 


As luck would have it, there was a special exhibit about Pompeii, which Jack was going to be visiting the next day in Europe. 

Getting lost in the mirror maze 

The next day I took him to see the new Dungeons and Dragons movie, which was pretty good. 

Thursday, we went axe throwing, Jason's first time. Kid's a natural!  Beat me 10 games to 5!!

On Friday, we took the train and a bus downtown and met up with the Johnsons again to see Blue Man Group. Jason should have been able to see the show as a field trip with his orchestra class in 7th grade, but COVID happened, and I had been wanting to take him.  Of course, the show was amazing!!

Afterwards, we went to Penny's, a Thai restaurant, which was another new experience for Jason. It was a pretty good week!!



No comments: