Our beloved doggy passed away in his sleep in the wee hours of November 20 after a short but intense illness. Such a loss. Almost two weeks later, I'm still trying to process my grief. Murphy, who we got as a puppy when I was a few months' pregnant with Jack, was our trainer baby. It seems like he was always part of our little family, sharing our joys and sitting with and comforting us through our troubles. Murphy was always happy to go for a walk (unless of course it was raining), retrieve cookies, and come running after a spill happened and someone shouted "clean up!" He wasn't a fetcher, but he would always provide kisses on request, shake a hand, and somehow learned to warm my side of the bed while I brushed my teeth, moving to the foot of the bed when I walked into the room. Although he took up WAY too much of the bed, I miss his presence, his soulful eyes, and the way he'd stare me down without blinking or moving when he needed to go outside. I miss our walks, and the way he'd insist on meeting and sniffing every dog and person he'd see. He was a great dog and essential part of our family. Rest in peace, little buddy.
 |
| Last picture, 11/18/17 |
 |
| Our family tradition is to put up our tree after Thanksgiving dinner. This year, we just couldn't do it until Friday, and we only put one ornament on it, keeping it that way for a few days. |
No comments:
Post a Comment