Thursday, September 14, 2017

Opening Day of Fall 2017 Soccer Season

Last Saturday the boys had their first games of the fall soccer season.  Jack is still on the Bears team that he's been on for I think six seasons now. Last season they were undefeated, but suffered a 3-0 loss in game one despite some great work.   His team moved up to the U-14 division, and they are one of the younger teams, which might impact their win/loss record.   However, I'm still seeing a lot of progress in their moves!  Jack is fierce!  He was quite mad at the loss and took it personally. 



Jason is on yet another new team;  I don't think he's repeated on one yet, but this one looks promising.   After suffering through a winless season in the spring, I had him moved up a division to U-12 and the new team, the Cougars, seem a much better fit for his level of play.   Having practice twice a week and two assistant coaches is great for skill development.  They won!  I don't even know the final score, something like 9-3.  More importantly, he's enjoying soccer and playing on a team again. 



No comments: