Saturday, March 26, 2016

Saturday, March 26

We started the day by decorating a bunch of eggs.  Since none of us like hard-boiled eggs, we've only done the whole egg dye thing once or twice, and it occurred to me the other day to use the dozens of plastic ones we've amassed over the past ten years.  I broke out the Sharpies and stickers and we went to town!


Then we headed over to New Life Covenant Church, which was having an Easter Egg Hunt, to be done by helicopter!  What!?  We just had to check that out...but when we got there, there were thousands of people there!  The boys wanted to just visit the playground across the street instead. Being a beautiful, sunny 60 degree day, how could I say no?

After the playground got boring, we headed over to the church grounds and found a petting zoo and a lot of carnival-type games where the kids earned bags of candy.  Jason took an interest in feeding the sheep and goats.

And there was a rock wall!  Jason made it to the top in no time and here he is, giving me the thumbs up.  Jack made it about half way and I think his hands were bothering him so we went back to the carnie games to earn some more candy, because too much is never enough!

The time came for the helicopter drop.  Below, the kids wait with anticipation.  They initially weren't going to participate, but the energy was high and the crowd was boisterous and they got sucked into it all.  I think the event was over-attended, because I had heard there would be 6,000 eggs dropped but our kids didn't get a SINGLE ONE!  They did risk life and limb, with all those people, and for nothing!  Oh well, it was pretty neat to see the eggs being dropped this way and when the event was ending, I heard an announcer say that next year they'd have 30,000 eggs!  The boys were kind of bummed to not get any, but I said I'd let the Easter Bunny know, and that I had a feeling he'd make it up to them.  We'll see...

No comments: