The boys fought over who got to ride with Auntie...until they figured out that Mom drives like a speed demon! Why do go-karts even have a brake pedal anyway?!
Yeah! All the speed and none of the tickets. Well, not ALL of the speed...
The boys remain unafraid of the multi-level ropes course. Below, Jack figures out how to navigate the floaty two-by-fours, two stories up, while I wait anxiously on the platform for him to make it. I think we did the whole course about ten times. Jason attempted the second, higher level, but is not quite able to maneuver some of the trickier crossings with his shorter reach. Next year...
Now, I was surprised at Jason's tenacity on the rock wall. He had never attempted one before, and spent a good chunk of the day on this one. Here's a picture of both boys heading up at the same time. I'd say they each got up a good 20 feet, about double Jack's height in this pic. I also tried the wall (my first time) and got to the top of this elephant but had to bail because I wasn't trusting my shoulder completely. Still keeping up with that rehab.
We also got to visit with Uncle Kevin, Aunt Pam, Abby, and Ryleigh while Lynn was visiting. The boys were just thrilled to see everyone and are still talking about their awesome week. Jason, who prefers to sleep on a 'nest' on his floor, insisted that Lynn sleep in his bed during her visit and now calls it "Auntie's Bed". He says he's not going to sleep in it ever again -- it's for his Auntie. Aww.We will NOT let another two years go before our next visit!!
No comments:
Post a Comment