Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sir Jason

Jason picked a knight costume for Halloween this year. I thought it was pretty cute, but I couldn't get him to wear anything on his head. Jack wouldn't pick out a costume at all...just think, last year I had purchased three or four costumes because he couldn't make up his mind, and this year I couldn't get him interested in Halloween at all. I can't figure this kid out...at seven and a half he is done trick-or-treating? How un-American! And he had to go with me and Jase anyway, we couldn't just leave him at home by himself. So, no trick-or-treating at all for Jack. Jason had a good time despite the cold and wind (thanks a lot, Monster Storm Sandy!). His poor little hands got so cold we had to go home and thaw out before heading back out for another half hour. And, I have to say, Jack did make himself useful by scouting out the houses with lights on/doors open/etc. for is little brother. Jason had made it perfectly clear that Jack won't be getting any of his candy because "...it's all mine for doing all the work." However, he actually did share some of the loot once we got home -- but only the stuff that he doesn't like. Jack was happy with that, and I was glad he got something despite being somewhat of a grump.



No comments: