Saturday, September 10, 2011

Jack Loses a Front Tooth

This morning, Jack informed me (quite matter of factly) that his front tooth was super wiggly and bloody. It's been loose for quite some time, so I've been expecting it to come out any time, but I wasn't expecting all the blood. Anyway, he was pretty excited when I told him that today would be the day. This pic was taken at 11:11 --


11:42 -- Jack walked up to me and told me to look! He can turn the tooth sideways. Instead of grossing out, I take a picture. Hey, I'm a mom of two boys. Nothing grosses me out anymore.

11:46 -- The drama ends. And so do all those pictures with the funny-looking tooth that got smooshed back up into his gums when he was 2 1/2 years old and fell face-first into a slide. Jack can't wait to go to school on Monday and tell his teacher that he lost a tooth -- she has a list posted on the wall, it's shaped like a tooth and she writes the names of kids who lose teeth -- a very big deal. Of course, the Tooth Fairy will have to make a visit tonight. I hope she has some extra cash lying around...

No comments: