Saturday, December 4, 2010
A Heckuva Good Day!
We had a really good day today. First we headed to Lowe's, where they were having a kids' clinic to build a holiday train set; today was the caboose. We will go back for the next two Saturdays to build a passenger car and a locomotive. The kids had a great time as usual.
Then we headed to Home Depot to build picture frames, which we decorated with holiday-themed stickers. They turned out pretty cute!
Next we dropped off some goods at a Toys for Tots drive. I've been trying to explain why I have to work (so we can afford to buy stuff) and that there are lots of mommies & daddies who want to work, but can't find jobs. So while it's so hard to leave the boys (most of the time, anyway) there is a reason. I think this made it hit home a little bit; the boys were surprised to see how many toys were being dropped off (this was just one of two huge boxes and it was only about noon).
Toys 'R Us was right down the road, so we stopped off to say hi to Santa and Geoffrey. Jase could hardly take his eyes off the Thomas Train set at the left side of the picture, but thanks to Jack holding him by the neck, I snapped this right quick. Santa gave us gingerbread cookies and several small toys to take home with us.
Of course, we had to stop in just about every aisle to make sure we didn't forget to tell anything important to Santa.
After a quick bite out, we ended up at the library. We pretty much go every Saturday. This time there was a new train set that the boys went nuts for. This was right at the front of the kids' area and we never ventured any further. The boys were being so awesome sharing with each other and with several other boys that came by...I was able to sit and read some magazines and...relax. After an hour and a half, I was done and thankfully the boys were too.
What a nice day! Definitely one of those days that I would go back to in the future. We got home around 4:30 and Jason immediately went for a nap. Hence, the blog entry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment