
Jason had fun with their pitifully small slide. Note to self: get a new, bigger slide. We got this right after Jack turned one and I can't believe we used to worry about him falling off this puny thing. Jason only gets to 'slide' about one foot before hitting the bottom. Still, he loves it.

Later we headed off to the boys' first baseball game, courtesy of our neighbors who scored some free lawn tickets. No Cubs or White Sox here, though...we went to the Schaumburg Flyers stadium for some minor-league action. Fun, fun, fun! Jason is always excited to just look around and absorb all the people and the sounds. Of course, he found plenty of women and little girls to flirt with.

We didn't watch much of the game. While we were sitting on the blanket, the kids pretty much ate every snack I had packed. The big draw was a massive playground right near where we were sitting.

Can you even see the boys in this picture (yes, they are both in it)? This is evidence of why I get freaked out by large crowds and having the kids all by myself...there were at least fifty kids swarming all over this structure and I was trying to be hyper-alert and try and see both of them at all times, which was impossible. When they do go separate ways, I have to stick with Jason and hope that Jack can handle himself. Which he can. 'Nother note to self: get day-glo shirts to track them better.

Oh, Jack is at the top of the slide at the left and Jason is sitting at the upper-right platform with his feet dangling over the edge, eyeing the kids on the swings.
Now, the picture below just caps off the day. We headed out to the car with two outs in the top of the ninth (our team was winning). It was getting SO late but both kids were doing just great and they really wanted to stay for the fireworks show, which we could see just perfectly from the parking lot. I sat the kids on top of my truck and look, Jack put his hand oh-so-protectively on his little brother's leg to make sure he wouldn't fall off. Sweet!!
No comments:
Post a Comment